- Data controller
- Basis for collecting your data (Lawful processing)
- Recipients of data
- Legitimate Interests
- Sensitive Information
- Categories of Personal Data
- Data transfers
- Retention policy
- Your Rights as a data subject
- Automated decision making
Data controllerThe Savoy Educational Trust, as an organisation is a data controller and specifically, the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, is The Savoy Educational Trust's nominated Data Controller. The Chairman can be contacted by email at email@example.com or telephone number 0207 849 3001.
On what basis do we collect and process your data? (known as lawful processing)We collect information about you in order to process your requirements and manage your application for grant funding. The lawful purpose for this processing has been identified as in the Legitimate interest of the business.
Data recipientsPersonal information is transferred and shared with third party service providers such as our IT support company for data backup purposes and accountants.
Each category of data subject is identified in our data inventory and the PII collected specified in detail along with the legal basis for processing and the retention period.
Legitimate InterestsIn identifying this 'Legitimate Interest' as the lawful basis, we have conducted a 'Legitimate Interest Assessment' in order to be satisfied that the interests of The Savoy Educational Trust do not override your own legitimate rights and freedoms.
The data collected will not be used for any unlawful or unethical purpose.
Sensitive InformationThe Savoy Educational Trust does not process sensitive data as defined by Article 9 of the GDPR.
Categories of DataThe Savoy Educational Trust processes non-sensitive data.
We may collect and process the following data of our Applicants:
- Name, contact address and telephone numbers, email address, photos and content that applicants may have created or provided through the use of the website.
- Personal information that is given to the SET via email or information given to SET via forms, meetings, telephone or personal mail.
- Payment information provided to enable SET to administer any grant.
- Any information SET may require when a problem or complaint is reported.
Data transfersPersonal Data is not transferred outside of the EEA. Access to personal data is restricted to those who have a legitimate reason to retrieve it, e.g. company directors, managers and nominated individuals.
Retention policyThe data we collect directly from you is the minimum we require to facilitate the lawful processing described above. Personally Identifiable Data placed on our system will be deleted in accordance with legal obligations, such as HMRC rules or sector specific regulation. Personal data is held only for as long as is required to continue processing it.
Your rights as a data subjectThe regulations provide a number of rights to you as the Data Subject. The Savoy Educational Trust is committed to upholding those rights and those applicable to the personal information we collect and process are listed below. In addition to these rights, you have the right to escalate any concern to the Supervisory Authority, which in the UK is the Information Commissioners Office https://ico.org.uk. A full and detailed explanation of all rights can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/
- Right of Access - you have the right to know what personal information is held, by whom and why.
- The Right to Rectification - If the information we have collected and processed is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have it rectified.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in some specific situations.
- Right to Restrict Processing - If you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, we will restrict the processing of your data until accuracy is verified.
- Right to Data Portability- You have the right to move, duplicate or transfer your data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK's supervisory body, The Information Commissioners Office www.ico.org.uk
Automated decision makingThe Savoy Educational Trust does not conduct any profiling or automated decision making.
How to contact usYou can write to us at this address:
The Savoy Educational Trust, Room 160, 90 Long Acre, London WC2E 9RZ
You can telephone us on this number: 0207 849 3001
You can email us at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org